“The World Oral Health Report (2003) stated clearly that the relationship between oral health and general health is proven by evidence. Since that report, new evidence has emerged further strengthening the case. Oral health and general health are related in four major ways:
1. Poor oral health is significantly associated with major chronic diseases
2. Poor oral health causes disability
3. Oral health issues and major diseases share common risk factors
4. General health problems may cause or worsen oral health conditions. “
– Dental Health Services Australia “Oral health for the better”
At Dental For Everybody, we work with the medical doctors in our sister clinic, Medical For Everybody, to look after your dental and overall health.